It's finally that time of year again! This semester we will be holding auditions for two productions: Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare and The Women by Clare Booth Luce.
Auditions will be held Thursday, January 31st from 6PM to 9PM, and on Friday, February 1st from 5PM to 9PM in Rhoads Quiet Study. Each audition will hopefully take around 15 minutes, and you can come by whenever you want. Callbacks will be held and you will be notified of the time for that when we here at headquarters decide on it.
Audition materials can be found here (or in the link on the side doobly doo entitled Audition Materials).
Things to keep in mind:
- Prepare! Read the script and practice your monologue/dialogue before auditioning.
- Come to audition whenever is best for you, but keep in mind that there might be a wait. Bring work to do or practice your audition materials while you wait. Talk to the people waiting with you and make some new friends!
- Callbacks are for the director to see you again, and wether are not you are called back has no bearing on wether or not you will be cast in the show!
- You will be asked to perform one monologue and one dialogue. You can bring a partner to read the dialogue with you, or someone in the auditioning room will read with you.
- Fill out your audition sheet (available upon arrival to auditions) with complete honesty to assure that you are happy and comfortable with the role you are offered.
- Questions? Can't make any of the times listed? Email sgilmour@bmc, the Director of The Women, and/or ewilliam03@bmc & rholden@bmc, the Directors of Twelfth Night!
- Do you want to do Technical Theater for us? Email any or all of the directors mentioned above because we would love to have you!
We can't wait to see you at auditions!
~Kayla, and all of SPT!