☆WELCOME TO A NEW SEASON OF SPT: FALL 2018 ☆
We will be holding auditions for two shows this semester:
An Adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
Directed by: Elizabeth Yost
A feud between two high-standing families causes political turmoil, creating a dangerous landscape in which two young women, each from one of the feuding families, fall into star-crossed love affair. In this adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s most well known works, Romeo becomes Rosaline, opening up the path for an exploration of society’s internalized homophobia, as well as criticism of arbitrary grudges in the contemporary global climate.
Directed by: Caitlin Haskett
The Tempest takes place on a magical island and it tells the story of Prospero and his quest for revenge. However, we will be exploring the negative aspects of Prospero's character in this production. This production will also be a staged reading, meaning that we will be focusing on the language. The Tempest is usually staged with glitzy costumes, complex sets and special effects, but I believe the magic of the play is all there in the language if we just give it the chance to shine.
Dates and Times:
Where: Rhoads Quiet Study
When: Thursday, September 13th from 4:30-10:30 pm AND Friday, September 14th from 4:30-10:30pm
*Callbacks will be held on Saturday, September 15th
You may sign up for a fifteen-minute slot during the first three hours of either audition period. From 7:30-10:30, we will be having walk-in auditions. If you are auditioning with a partner, please sign up for two back-to-back time slots (or just come to walk-ins together) Please keep in mind that if you are auditioning during walk-in hours, there may be a bit of a wait.
Sign up HERE: AUDITION SIGN-UP LINK
If you can't make any of the audition times provided or any of the unclaimed time slots, please e-mail the directors (contact info can be found at the bottom of this post) and we will find a way to fit you in!
Auditions materials can be found on the right-hand sidebar under "Important Links." Please select ONE MONOLOGUE and ONE DIALOGUE from the auditions materials to perform. You may audition for one or both shows but your monologue and your dialogue must come from two different shows (even if you are only auditioning for one of them).
FALL 2018 MATERIALS AVAILABLE HERE!
Things to know if you haven't auditioned before:
- You may either prepare your dialogue with a partner, or just read with a member of the pro-team in the audition room on the day of.
- Auditioning for both shows means that you could be placed in either show. You will not be placed in both shows.
- You DO NOT not need to memorize your monologue and dialogue. We will have the audition materials available at auditions; however, it is in your best interest to do some preparation and practice beforehand.
- If you sign up for a time slot, please arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled audition time, since you will need to fill out an audition form prior to your audition.
- Please be as honest as possible when filling out your audition form to ensure that you will be comfortable in your role and available for rehearsals.
- A call-back is not a guarantee that you will be cast. Likewise, you may still be cast even if you are not called back.
E-mail the directors or Senior Co-Co (contact info below) with the subject "Teching for SPT" and/or come to our Tech Interest Meeting (details TBA on our FB page).
Elizabeth Yost '19 (Director, R&J) firstname.lastname@example.org
Caitlin Haskett '20 (Director, Tempest) email@example.com
Kat Phifer '19 (Senior Co-Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Us On Facebook