☆BLOSSOM AT SPT'S SPRING 2019 AUDITIONS☆
We will be holding auditions for two shows this semester:
Marian, or the True Tale of Robin Hood
by Adam Szymkowicz
Directed by: Charis Nandor
Summary: "A gender-bending, patriarchy-smashing, hilarious new take on the classic tale. Robin Hood is (and has always been) Maid Marian in disguise, and leads a motley group of Merry Men (few of whom are actually men) against the greedy Prince John. As the poor get poorer and the rich get richer, who will stand for the vulnerable if not Robin? What is the cost of revealing your true self in a time of trouble? Modern concerns and romantic entanglements clash on the battlefield and on the ramparts of Nottingham Castle. A play about selfishness and selflessness and love deferred and the fight. Always the fight. The fight must go on." (Samuel French) Content Warnings: Sexual content
Where: Dalton 212E
When: Thursday, January 24th from 5:00-10:30pm, walk-ins 8:45-10:30 AND Friday, January 25th from 4:00-10:00pm, walk-ins 6:00-10:00.
*Callbacks will be held on Saturday, January 26th
You may sign up for a fifteen-minute slot during the first three hours of either audition period. From 7:30-10:30, we will be having walk-in auditions. If you are auditioning with a partner, please sign up for two back-to-back time slots (or just come to walk-ins together) Please keep in mind that if you are auditioning during walk-in hours, there may be a bit of a wait.
Sign up HERE: AUDITION SIGN-UP LINK
If you can't make any of the audition times provided or any of the unclaimed time slots, please e-mail the directors (contact info can be found at the bottom of this post) and we will find a way to fit you in!
Auditions materials can be found on the right-hand sidebar under "Important Links." Please select ONE MONOLOGUE and ONE DIALOGUE from the auditions materials to perform. You may audition for one or both shows but your monologue and your dialogue must come from two different shows (even if you are only auditioning for one of them).
SPRING 2019 MATERIALS AVAILABLE HERE!
Things to know if you haven't auditioned before:
- You may either prepare your dialogue with a partner, or just read with a member of the pro-team in the audition room on the day of.
- Auditioning for both shows means that you could be placed in either show. You will not be placed in both shows.
- You DO NOT not need to memorize your monologue and dialogue. We will have the audition materials available at auditions; however, it is in your best interest to do some preparation and practice beforehand.
- If you sign up for a time slot, please arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled audition time, since you will need to fill out an audition form prior to your audition.
- Please be as honest as possible when filling out your audition form to ensure that you will be comfortable in your role and available for rehearsals.
- A call-back is not a guarantee that you will be cast. Likewise, you may still be cast even if you are not called back.
E-mail the directors or Senior Co-Co (contact info below) with the subject "Teching for SPT"
Kat Phifer '19 (Senior Co-Coordinator, Director, Play On!) email@example.com
Charis Nandor '19 (Director, Marian) firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceara Buzzell '20 (Junior Co-Coordinator) email@example.com
Find Us On Facebook
“Marian, or The True Tale of Robin Hood” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC."
“Play On!” is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC."