The Merry Wives of Windsor- When Sir John Falstaff arrives in Windsor, his love of shameless self-indulgence is somewhat complicated by the fact that he is completely broke. Desperate for cash, he devises a plan to seduce two wealthy housewives, Mistress Page and Mistress Ford, but the Mistresses happen to have a few tricks up their sleeves as well. (Directed by Jessica Breet)
Twelfth Night- Viola finds herself in a bit of a bind when she winds up shipwrecked on the Coast of Illyria, separated from her twin brother, who most likely drowned. In true Shakespearian comedy style, she dresses up as a man named Cesario and starts working for Duke Orsino (a.k.a Bad-Poems McFriendzone). Orsino is pining after the Countess Olivia, who is way too bummed out by her brother's death for romance. So Orsino orders "Cesario" to be his wingman and convince Olivia of the Duke's many virtues. But Viola might have some romantic interests of her own... (Directed by Kristiana Marcopoulos and Elizabeth Yost)
Dates and Times:
Where: Rhoads Quiet Study
When: Thursday, January 26 from 5-9 pm AND Friday, January 27 from 5-10 pm
*Callbacks will be held on Saturday, January 28
You may sign up for a ten-minute slot during the first two hours of either audition period. From 7:00 pm onward, we will be having walk-in auditions. If you are auditioning with a partner, please sign up for two back-to-back time slots (or just come to walk-ins together) Please keep in mind that if you are auditioning during walk-in hours, there may be a bit of a wait.
Sign up HERE: http://doodle.com/poll/9hwqcwifwwqcs2ng3nttt3er/admin#table
If you can't make any of the audition times provided or any of the unclaimed time slots, please e-mail the directors (contact info can be found at the bottom of this post) and we will find a way to fit you in!
Auditions materials can be found on the right-hand sidebar under "Important Links." Please select ONE MONOLOGUE and ONE DIALOGUE from the auditions materials to perform. You may audition for one or both shows but your monologue and your dialogue must come from two different shows (even if you are only auditioning for one of them)
Link to materials: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByYmwWOpwBHeRXJXdXN5cmxWQ2M
Things to know if you haven't auditioned before:
- You may either prepare your dialogue with a partner or just have someone in the audition room read with you on the day of.
- Auditioning for both shows means that you could be placed in either show. You will not be placed in both shows.
- You DO NOT not need to memorize your monologue and dialogue, and we will have the audition materials available at auditions, but it is in your best interest to do some preparation and practice beforehand.
- If you signed up for a time slot, please arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled audition time, because you will need to fill out an audition form prior to your audition.
- Please be as honest as possible when filling out your audition form to ensure that you will be comfortable in your role and available for rehearsals.
- A call-back is not a guarantee that you will be cast. Likewise, you may still be cast even if you are not called back.
E-mail the directors (contact info below) with the subject "Teching for SPT."
Jessica Breet (Director of Merry Wives): email@example.com
Elizabeth Yost (Director of Twelfth Night): firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristiana Marcopoulos ((Director of Twelfth Night & Co-Coordinator): email@example.com
Aly Robins (Co-Coordinator): firstname.lastname@example.org
We're looking forward to seeing your auditions!!!